Mitas History

1932 
Tomas Bata begun tyre production in Zlín, Moravia.

1933 
Pneumichelin a.s is founded in Prague Strašnice district

1947 
The company is named “Mitas” which is a combination  of words Michelin and Veritas

1974 
A new tyre production plant built in Otrokovice, Moravia

1991 
Barum Holding a.s. becomes the owner of Mitas a.s.

1997 
Mitas becomes a tyre brand available worldwide

2000
Agro tyre production transferred to a new production hall

2004
Mitas acquires the agro business unit from Continental A.G.

2008
Mitas acquires “Rumaguma” plant in Serbia

2011
Mitas sales network’s name changed to “Mitas”

2012
Mitas opens the 14th branch office in Uden, the Netherlands

2012
Mitas to start farm tyre production in Charles City, Iowa

Top products

Spot ČGS